Hey Fall Dolls!
This is my favorite time of year.
It's starting to get colder,
the leaves are starting
I love all the flavors,
colors, and foods of FALL
It's apple season.
Our family goes to the
apple orchard every year.
I love to make pies,
apple sauce, apple crisps etc...
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 5 medium sweet apples (gala or golden delicious are good)
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp water
- Optional: 20 drops liquid stevia
- Crumb topping
Crumb Topping Ingredients:
- 3/4 c quick oats or certified GF rolled oats
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup millet flour
- 2 Tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 Tbsp almond meal
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Optional: 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil OR sunflower seed oil
- 2 Tbsp agave syrup OR brown rice syrup OR maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Soak raisins in 1 cup boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside
- Combine all dry ingredients for the crumb topping
- Rub in the oil, liquid sweetener and water until the mixture is crumbly.
- Peel, core and slice apples thinly into a shallow 2 quart glass baking dish
- Mix lime juice, water and optional stevia, if using, and sprinkle over apples
- Scatter the raisins over the apples, and shake dish a bit to mix
- Loosely cover the apples with the crumb topping – gaps and bumps are OK
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil or a glass or metal lid, and bake covered for 25 minutes
- Remove covering and bake uncovered for 15 – 20 minutes, until the topping is browned
- Replace covering, and cool on a rack for 30 minutes before serving